We attended the Men’s Health and Women’s Health lunch in February, and their 2019 trends alerts highlighted an increased focus on plant-based products, the rise of eco athleisure and outdoor training and natural beauty. We’re here for it …
Hestelle Pretorius, one of our Account Directors, also had a look at a few interesting mindsets to have for the year:
It’s all about WELLNESS, MINDFULNESS & DISCIPLINE!
- Fitness has become more portable. With the ‘mobile first’ trend of 2017 growing year on year, people are looking at ways to implement Mindful exercise – paying attention to their fitness needs, anywhere.
- Essentialism & Simplicity – yes, if it doesn’t make you happy or if it ads to the clutter, throw it out. Whether at home, in design or in the way you approach a task: do the essential, keep it simple and precise: have less, experience more.
- Never skimp on comfort.
- Functionality – everything you buy, read, consume or do, has to have a purpose & function.
- ECO. Enough said. Less plastic, live more responsible. Even when traveling, the shift is definitely towards mindful exercise & experiences for e.g. take a bike ride instead of a taxi.
- Smash the stereotypes – Brands are unapologetic in their messaging and values and we are loving it. Brands are choosing statements over stereotypes more and more.
- Cheer each other on. Live lighter and brighter. It’s about the story not the brand or person.
#TOP TREND – BIOPHILIA
“For 2019, there is greater interest in biophilia – emphasizing the relationship between humankind and nature, and the connections between the two. Natural, organic materials – such as wood floors, stone, and daylight and plant life – remind us of the exterior and brings the outside and nature, inside. We are machine- and technology-driven society, but nostalgic about past processes and handiwork, so opportunities for custom Millwork and crafted materials are very important.”— Angie Lee of FXCollaborative